November 22 - 25th 

The days have just been flying by! it is hard to believe that next week is December!

Thank you to all for your time during  conferences. It is always nice to connect with one another and be able to celebrate each student's growth and learning.  

Here is a look at a few of this week's learning intentions and activities:

I can describe how magnets interact with other magnets and common materials:

This week we discussed what we knew about magnets, what we wondered about magnetism and where and in what we found magnets. Then we spent time testing magnets to see what we discovered, and went on a scavenger hunt to see what magnets stuck to. Our next tasks were to test magnets to see what materials were magnetic and non-magnetic. 

We discovered that magnets have poles and only the north and south poles attract to each other otherwise they repel against each other. 







I can find out and think about how I am connected to my world. I can tell what makes my community work and what my role is in my community. 

On our community walk we examined how we are connected to the land, the animals and birds that live in our community and the features of our community. We enjoyed identifying community members who have a role in our community and thinking about our role in our world. Students also learned/discovered some of the newer components of the Elbow River Pathhway  - The Rainbow Fish Sculpture and the new playground feature. It was a wonderful afernoon to get out into the fresh air and appreciate all that our community has to offer. 


I can learn about and appreciate different forms of art and create different forms of art. 
I can create Metis dot art - 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog